Marco Rubio Makes Campaign Stop In Gainesville
U.S. Senate Contender Marco Rubio made a campaign stop in North Central Florida Saturday.
The former speaker of the Florida House of Represenatives spoke to supporters in Jonesville.
Rubio has close ties to Gainesville. He's a University of Florida graduate.
"Glad to be back," Rubio said. "I went to school here, graduated in 1993. So, I try to comeback here often, even when it's not football season."
The senate candidate fielded questions from people at the event. Rubio is competing with Florida Governor Charlie Crist and other candidates for the senate seat held by George Lemiuex.
Lemiuex was appointed to fill the seat after Mel Martinez resigned from the post.
- Rubio Makes Campaign Stop In Ocala
- Pink Heals Campaign Stops in Gainesville
- George P. Bush Makes a Stop in Gainesville, Encouraging Young Voters to Get to the Polls
- Weiner and Nut-Mobile Make Recruiting Stop in Gainesville
- National President of Veteran Support Group Makes a Stop in Gainesville
- New Campaign Hopes to Make Drivers More Aware of Motorcyclists
- Campaign Makes Cancer An Election Issue
- Sebelius to Make Stops in Fla. for Health Care Law
- Vice Presidential Hopeful, Paul Ryan Makes Victory Tour Stop in Ocala
- Tebow's Walmart Stop Makes Waves