Marco Rubio Makes Campaign Stop In Gainesville
U.S. Senate Contender Marco Rubio made a campaign stop in North Central Florida Saturday.
The former speaker of the Florida House of Represenatives spoke to supporters in Jonesville.
Rubio has close ties to Gainesville. He's a University of Florida graduate.
"Glad to be back," Rubio said. "I went to school here, graduated in 1993. So, I try to comeback here often, even when it's not football season."
The senate candidate fielded questions from people at the event. Rubio is competing with Florida Governor Charlie Crist and other candidates for the senate seat held by George Lemiuex.
Lemiuex was appointed to fill the seat after Mel Martinez resigned from the post.
- Rubio Makes Campaign Stop In Ocala
- Senator Marco Rubio speaks to crowd at The Villages
- Marco Rubio speaks in Lake City
- Pink Heals Campaign Stops in Gainesville
- Marco Rubio, in reversal, will seek re-election to Senate
- George P. Bush Makes a Stop in Gainesville, Encouraging Young Voters to Get to the Polls
- National President of Veteran Support Group Makes a Stop in Gainesville
- Weiner and Nut-Mobile Make Recruiting Stop in Gainesville
- Campaign Makes Cancer An Election Issue
- New Campaign Hopes to Make Drivers More Aware of Motorcyclists