More Freezing Temperatures Expected
RUSKIN, Fla.(AP)- Another freezing night is ahead for a large chunk of north Florida.
The National Weather Service issued overnight freeze warnings Friday for a dozen counties in north Florida. That means at least two hours of subfreezing temperatures are expected between 3-8 a.m. Saturday.
The weather service says lows could dip into the 20s during that time.
The freeze warning includes north central Florida counties around Gainesville and Jacksonville and extends as far south as Sumter and Hernando counties.
This winter is already one of the coldest on record for the Sunshine State.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.
- Preparing Animals for Freezing Temperatures
- Freezing Temperatures Have Negative Effects on Strawberry Crops
- More Drivers Expected on the Roads this Memorial Day Weekend
- Cold Temperatures
- Red Cross Offers Tips on How to Stay Warm During Frigid Temperatures
- Gainesville Residents Warm Their Homes as Temperatures Fall
- City of Ocala Lifts Hiring Freeze
- Gainesville Charity Facing Freeze on Funding from City of Gainesville
- Still Room in Homeless Shelters during Freezing Nights
- Freezing Weather Breaking Pipes