Neighbors Speak Out About Excessive Noise Around Dunnellon Airport
For some of us, living in the quiet countryside is a dream come true. But, noise from one nearby airport is putting an end to the easy life for some residents.
Joanne Otting has called Dunnellon home for 43 years, but recently she and her neighbors say emotions have taken off over concerns with noise levels at the Dunnellon Airport.
Marion County and the FAA held a special meeting with homeowners Friday. Otting says she hopes the q-and-a session will bring a solution to the noise problem.
But, her complaint may not go anywhere. The FAA has jurisdiction over the aerobatic box and aviation officials say they haven't received any formal reports of the aerobatic pilots performing stunts outside the aerobatic box.
No decision about the aerobatic box is expected anytime soon so for the time being, the shows will go on.
- Neighbor Speaks Out about Accused Child Molester
- Lake City Pastor Speaks Out About His Church's Nativity Scene
- Mothers Speak Out About Sons' Deaths; Plan Memorial Ride
- Gator Nation Speaks Out About Meyer
- Public Speaks Out About Archer Braid Trail
- Father Speaks Out About Son's Death
- Grandmother Speaks Out About Baby's Death
- Airport Noise Study Released
- Residents Upset About Excessive Dust
- Double Down Owner Worries about Noise Complaints