Ocala Girl Charged with Aggravated Cyberstalking
An Ocala girl has been charged with aggravated cyberstalking. Marion County Sheriff's Deputies linked the suspect, and 15-year-old victim, to an adult porn site.
Shannon Marie Mitchell, a senior at Vanguard High School in Ocala, maintains several social networking accounts, but it was what she posted on one particular site, that brought her to the Juvenile Detention Center in Ocala.
According to detectives, Mitchell posted photos along with a phone number of her boyfriend's ex-girlfriend, who is fifteen-years-old, on a porn site.
"Aong with putting the photo up there," Judge Cochran, spokesperson for Marion County Sheriff's Office said, "she also put some comments, basically, saying this person will do these particular sexual acts."
Deputies say adult men started calling the fifteen-year-old girl. Investigators contacted the porn website, who provided the IP address behind the posts.
In the state of Florida, cyberstalking a minor under 16 years of age, is a third degree felony. Deputies say Mitchell has been released from the Juvenile Detention Center in Ocala, and is waiting for her court date. If convicted she could face up to a $5,000 fine, and a maximum of five years in prison.
- Two Arrested On Aggravated Assault Charges After Road Rage Incident
- Man Charged With Killing Girl, 4, Receives Life Sentence
- Gainesville Man Charged With Sexual Battery of 14 Year Old Girl
- Deputies: Man Accused Of Cyberstalking, Making Death Threats Towards Victim
- Deputies Arrest Man for Robbery/Aggravated Assault with a Firearm
- Ocala Bar Facing Underage Drinking Charges
- Man Wanted on Columbia Embezzling Charges Arrested After Robbing Ocala Bank
- Ocala Woman Faces Child Neglect Charges
- One of Five Charged With Ocala Teen Murder Requests Bond
- 2 Men Arrested and Charged With Murder in Ocala