Ocala Man, 18, Dies in Single-Vehicle Crash
An 18-year-old Ocala man is dead after he lost control of his car and struck a tree early Saturday morning.
Jacob Smith was driving his 1999 Acura Integra southbound on SE 3rd Ave at 3:48 a.m. in Ocala at a high rate of speed when for unknown reasons he lost control of his car and struck a tree, causing the car to split in half, Ocala Police Department Sergeant Angy Scroble said.
Smith was pronounced dead on the scene.
Ocala police are still investigating the crash. Police say alcohol is likely a factor in the crash.
- Georgia Man, 26, Dies In I-75 Crash In Alachua County
- Weirsdale Man, 26, Dies In Car Crash
- Fort McCoy Man, 27, Dies In Early Morning Car Crash
- Ocala Man Dies In Car Crash
- Man Dies After Car Hydroplanes, Crashes Into Trees
- Man Dies After Car Flips Several Times, Crashes Into Trees
- Weirsdale Man Dies, After Crashing Car Into Tree
- Hawthorne Man Dies In Motorcycle Crash
- Micanopy Man Dies In Early Morning Crash
- Man Dies in Crash in Putnam County