Officials: Drunk Driver Hits, Kills Lake City Woman
A Lake City man was arrested Sunday, after he got behind the wheel intoxicated and hit and killed a woman early Sunday morning.
Marvin Wesley Brinkley, 39, was traveling southbound on U.S.441 in a 1999 Chevrolet SUV when he veered into the northbound lane and hit a 1992 Ford truck, driven by Patricia Simons Geiger, 59, head-on, according to the FHP report.
Officials say after the initial impact, Geiger's truck traveled in a northeasterly direction before overturning on the northbound shoulder.
Geiger was pronounced dead at the scene.
Brinkley, who suffered no injuries, was arrested and charged with DUI manslaughter. He is being held in the Columbia County Jail.
- School Officials: Bus Driver Broke the Rules
- Putnam County Deputy Hits, Kills Pedestrian Crossing U.S. 17
- Vehicle Hits, Kills Rare Fla. Panther
- Drunk Driver Hits Cop Car
- Deputy Killed by Drunk Driver
- Officials: Flooding presents dangers
- Officials: "Don't light left over fireworks."
- Truck hits, critically injures GPD officer
- Lake City Store Clerk Killed
- Fish Kill in Lake City