Officials: Drunk Driver Hits, Kills Lake City Woman
A Lake City man was arrested Sunday, after he got behind the wheel intoxicated and hit and killed a woman early Sunday morning.
Marvin Wesley Brinkley, 39, was traveling southbound on U.S.441 in a 1999 Chevrolet SUV when he veered into the northbound lane and hit a 1992 Ford truck, driven by Patricia Simons Geiger, 59, head-on, according to the FHP report.
Officials say after the initial impact, Geiger's truck traveled in a northeasterly direction before overturning on the northbound shoulder.
Geiger was pronounced dead at the scene.
Brinkley, who suffered no injuries, was arrested and charged with DUI manslaughter. He is being held in the Columbia County Jail.
- School Officials: Bus Driver Broke the Rules
- Putnam County Deputy Hits, Kills Pedestrian Crossing U.S. 17
- Vehicle Hits, Kills Rare Fla. Panther
- Lake City Police Officer Shoots, Kills Armed Driver at DUI Checkpoint
- Bicyclist Hit By Drunk Driver Out of Hospital, Fellow Cyclists Raise Money for Her Recovery
- Drunk Driver Hits Six Patrol Cars, Nearly Injures Officers
- Drunk Driver Hits Cop Car
- Three Drivers Hit GPD Patrol Cars, All Charged or Suspected of Drunk Driving
- Deputy Killed by Drunk Driver
- Officials: UPS Cargo Jet Crashes Killing 2