Residents React to Neighbor's Shooting
Residents of one apartment complex in Gainesville say they have questions, and they're not getting answers.
Many say they're still in shock after their neighbor was shot by police late Tuesday night.
Officials with UF's housing department say they held a meeting at the complex last night to talk one-on-one with residents about the shooting of 35- year-old Kofi Adu-Brempong.
Tuesday night, UPD officers went to the apartment after a colleague alerted police that Adu-Brempong had been "acting delusional".
According to the police report, Adu-Brempong threatened police with a knife and a pipe.
There was a standoff, lasting more than an hour...
Police tried to subdue him with a taser and a beanbag gun.. before shooting him with an M-4 rifle.
Officials with UPD, Dean of Students and housing were at the meeting to hear residents' concerns.
The case has been turned over to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.
Adu-Brempong is a graduate assistant in Geography.
Department officials say a new instructor will head the class on Monday.
- Ocala man accused of burning neighbor's house while she was home
- Chiefland Pit Bull is Dead After Trespassing in Neighbor's Yard
- Residents react to UF student's death
- Neighbors React to Deadly Dog Attack
- Shooting Injures Mother and Child, Neighbors Believe the Shooting was Retaliation
- Local residents react to Target bathroom policy
- Enough Is Enough: Ocala Residents React to Violence
- ACA: Residents react to Supreme Court ruling
- Residents React to Turkey Creek Golf Course Closing
- Marion County residents react to deputy, man shot outside gas station