Residents React to Neighbor's Shooting
Residents of one apartment complex in Gainesville say they have questions, and they're not getting answers.
Many say they're still in shock after their neighbor was shot by police late Tuesday night.
Officials with UF's housing department say they held a meeting at the complex last night to talk one-on-one with residents about the shooting of 35- year-old Kofi Adu-Brempong.
Tuesday night, UPD officers went to the apartment after a colleague alerted police that Adu-Brempong had been "acting delusional".
According to the police report, Adu-Brempong threatened police with a knife and a pipe.
There was a standoff, lasting more than an hour...
Police tried to subdue him with a taser and a beanbag gun.. before shooting him with an M-4 rifle.
Officials with UPD, Dean of Students and housing were at the meeting to hear residents' concerns.
The case has been turned over to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.
Adu-Brempong is a graduate assistant in Geography.
Department officials say a new instructor will head the class on Monday.
- Chiefland Pit Bull is Dead After Trespassing in Neighbor's Yard
- Neighbors React to Deadly Dog Attack
- Enough Is Enough: Ocala Residents React to Violence
- Residents React to Turkey Creek Golf Course Closing
- Local Veterans Groups React to Ft. Hood Shooting
- Hawthorne Residents Frustrated with Lawyer Neighbor
- Alachua County Man Arrested for Allegedly Shooting Neighbor to Death
- Late Night Shooting Startles Neighbors, No Injuries
- 92 Year Old Woman Accused of Shooting at Neighbor Over A Kiss
- Family Reacts To Legend's Passing