Residents React to Neighbor's Shooting
Residents of one apartment complex in Gainesville say they have questions, and they're not getting answers.
Many say they're still in shock after their neighbor was shot by police late Tuesday night.
Officials with UF's housing department say they held a meeting at the complex last night to talk one-on-one with residents about the shooting of 35- year-old Kofi Adu-Brempong.
Tuesday night, UPD officers went to the apartment after a colleague alerted police that Adu-Brempong had been "acting delusional".
According to the police report, Adu-Brempong threatened police with a knife and a pipe.
There was a standoff, lasting more than an hour...
Police tried to subdue him with a taser and a beanbag gun.. before shooting him with an M-4 rifle.
Officials with UPD, Dean of Students and housing were at the meeting to hear residents' concerns.
The case has been turned over to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.
Adu-Brempong is a graduate assistant in Geography.
Department officials say a new instructor will head the class on Monday.
- Neighbors React to Deadly Dog Attack
- Residents React to Turkey Creek Golf Course Closing
- Enough Is Enough: Ocala Residents React to Violence
- Local Veterans Groups React to Ft. Hood Shooting
- 92 Year Old Woman Accused of Shooting at Neighbor Over A Kiss
- Family Reacts To Legend's Passing
- Victim's Family Reacts To Arrest
- Alachua County Students React to President's School Day Speech
- Local parents react on the discovery of Somer Thompson's body
- Fans React to Tebow's Super Bowl Ad