Skull Found Could Solve Murder
A cold case is getting warmer tonight in Bradford County.
Detectives with the Bradford County Sheriff's Office discovered human remains just outside the Mount Sinai Cemetary in the town of Graham. That's in southern Bradford County.
The remains may be that of a 20 year old woman who has been missing for seven years.
Detectives say they got a tip that led them to the area where they found a human skull in a pile of brush.
And they say this cold case investigation is moving forward.
"We do have a person of interst. He is not a threat to the community because he is in custody in a Florida correctional facility," said Captain Brad Smith of the Bradford County Sheriff’s Office.
Authorities have not released the name of the person of interest nor the name of the missing woman.
They are waiting for the results from the medical examiner to determine if the remains are indeed that of the 20 year old woman.
- Alcoholic Rage Could Be To Blame For Murder
- Accused Murderer Could Walk
- John Kalisz's Murder Trial Could Be Delayed
- Verdict in Hawthorne Murder Trial Could Be Just A Day Away...
- Jonathan Peterson Found Guilty of First-Degree Murder
- Possible Weapon Found in Parking Garage Murder
- Richardson Found Guilty on Murder Charges
- Man Found Guilty of Murder Five Years Later
- Man found Not Guilty in Ocala Murder Trial
- Homeless Woman Murdered...Her Body Found in Gainesville Parking Lot