Suspect Accused of Fatally Stabbing Gainesville Man
Police are investigating the murder of an elderly man in southeast Gainesville Saturday.
Police say when they received the call. It came in as someone who was injured. When they arrived, they found 34-year-old Antoine Kemp with a cut on his hand.
Kemp was taken to the hospital where he told detectives he got into a fight with someone and stabbed the person.
That person Police have confirmed along with family members is that of 67-year-old Cornell Sylvester.
Officers went to the apartment at SE 1st Ave. and 8th St where Sylvester resides and that's where they say they found his body.
Police say the victim was found dead between midnight and 4 a.m.
Law enforcement are continuing to ask questions. They say it's still an ongoing investigation.
Kemp is in custody and officials tells us he will be charged with homicide.
Family members of the victim told TV20 that tomorrow would have been Sylvester's birthday.
Check back later on wcjb.com for more information.
- Suspect Makes First Court Appearance After Fatally Stabbing Gainesville Man
- Police: Gainesville Man Accused Of Beating, Stabbing Woman
- Gainesville Man, 47, Accused Of Trying To Stab Brother
- Ocala Man Accused of Fatally Shooting His Wife
- Man Pleads Guilty To Fatally Stabbing Bears Fan
- Police Look For Three Suspects Accused Of Robbing Lake City Man
- Gainesville Man Behind Bars for Stabbing Woman
- Gainesville Man Behind Bars After Stabbing a Woman
- Gainesville Man Stabbed In The Back
- Gainesville Man Arrested After Stabbing Father