UF Students Outraged By Fake Facebook Profiles
Now that it is the most-visited site on the internet, Facebook has some visitors who are there to have fun, at other people's expense.
A group of University of Florida students say someone has been visiting their Facebook profiles, and borrowing some of what they found.
University of Florida junior Allegra Paolillo says she has a twin on facebook; but her name is Sami Kaufman, and she's not a Gator.
On Monday, a friend of Paolillo at the University of Georgia discovered Sami Kaufman under his "friend suggestion" tab.
Paolillo is not the only one with a fake Facebook. Ten of her friends discovered the same thing Monday.
Senior finance major at UF, Courtney Dennison, says her fake Facebook profile was removed this morning, however, it was around since 2008.
"This is my property, this is me, and I can't fathom why anyone would want to impersonate someone else, it's just sick. It makes it look like facebook is unsafe," said Paolillo.
Paolillo reported the fake profile to Facebook, and is still waiting for it to be removed.
- Fake Bomb Device Found At Ocala Movie Theater Belonged To UCF Student
- UF Student Uses Facebook to Find Stolen Car
- Experts Say Trayvon Martin's Murder Might be Racial Profiling
- Alachua County School Budget Cut Outrage
- Gainesville Homeowner Outraged By Neighborhood Association Fines
- Westboro Church Radicals' Protests Spark Outrage In Alachua County
- X-Box Boys back in School, Parents Outraged
- Residents Express Outrage During Cabbot-Koppers Super-Fund Meeting
- Mother Outraged Driver Didn't Help Child
- Man Arrested For Fake 911 call