Apple's iPAd Goes On Sale
NEW YORK (AP) - Apple's much-anticipated iPad has gone on sale. Eager customers have been lining up outside Apple Stores and some Best Buys to be among the first to buy one as sales started at 9 a.m. Saturday in each time zone.
Carlos Herrera came to New York from Barcelona, Spain, because it won't be on sale there for a few more weeks. The 33-year-old school teacher says he wants to show his colleagues how the device can be used in classrooms. He's turned his iPad trip into a weeklong vacation.
Still, once the initial iPad excitement settles, Apple will need to convince people who may already have smart phones, laptops, set-top boxes and home broadband connections to buy yet another device with many of the same functions.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Apples iPad Has A New Competitor
- Nickel In iPad Linked To Skin Rashes
- In Marion County I-Pads are the New Spiral Notebook
- Orangutans at Miami Zoo Use iPads to Communicate
- Ocala Breeders Sales Goes Up 50 Percent
- Gainesville Man Goes to Prison for Stealing Soldier's Identity
- Two Years Later, Alachua County's Airboat Noise Ordinance Goes Unenforced
- Teens' Racist Rant Goes Viral
- "Dan's Day Trip Goes on the Road"
- IPad Mania Hits Gainesville