Couple Looking At Foreclosed Home Find Dead Body
LAKELAND, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a couple looking at a foreclosed home in central Florida discovered the body of a 24-year-old woman inside.
Her death is being investigated as a homicide, though authorities have not said how the woman died.
The Polk County Sheriff's Office identified the woman as Courtney Elizabeth Bright.
Investigators say a couple arrived early for a meeting with their Realtor at the foreclosed home in Lakeland. When they went inside, they found Bright's body.
A neighbor told The Ledger newspaper she heard the sounds of a confrontation and someone scream Tuesday night.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Elderly Couple Found Dead In Lake City Home
- Elderly Couple Found Dead in Home
- SWAT Team Storms Home, Finds Father Dead
- City Of Ocala Buys 11 Foreclosed Homes
- Lenders Halting Sale of Foreclosed Homes Will Impact North Central Florida
- Crime In Foreclosed Homes
- Alachua County Receives $3 Million to buy Foreclosed Homes
- Divers Find Body of Toddler in River
- Elderly Couple, Dozens of Animals Dead
- Police Look to Facebook to Find Sexual Offenders