Deputies: Prescription Pill Addiction Is An Epidemic
Deputies say there have been four armed robberies involving prescription pills in Alachua County in just the past 30 days. In two of those, the robbers died because of the pills within 48 hours.
It's a story that's becoming all too common even though at least three recovering addicts say it's not the way it has to be.
To see the full story, you can watch the video on the right.
- Deputies: Man Arrested After Stealing Oxycontin Pills At Gainesville Pharmacy
- Crimes Against Seniors- Woman is Scammed for Her Prescription Pills
- FDLE Arrests Chemist for Switching Prescription Pills for Over-the-Counter Drugs
- Oxycodone in Deaths Are Down, But Prescription Pills Still Outnumber Illicit Drugs
- Number of Deaths from Prescription Pills Down Across the State
- Suspect Jumps Over Counter to Steal Prescription Pills
- Florida Prescription Pill Tracking Database
- Unintended Consequence of Prescription Pill Laws
- Finding A Balance With Prescription Pill Laws
- New Market of Prescription Pill Dealers?