Fla. Man Charged With Stealing Headstone Vases
LAKELAND, Fla. (AP) - A Lakeland man has been charged with stealing brass vases off headstones at a Polk County cemetery.
The sheriff's office reports that it received a call from Gregco Recycling on Wednesday, claiming that someone was trying to sell items that looked like they had come from a cemetery. When deputies responded and questioned the seller, he told authorities that he bought them from another man, later identified as 32-year-old Robert Davis.
When deputies caught up with Davis on Friday, they reported finding seven brass vases in the back of his truck. The vases reportedly came from Glenn Abbey Cemetery in Auburndale.
Davis was charged with grand theft, dealing in stolen property and 25 counts of removing a grave monument.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Fla. Man Charged With 305 Counts of Child Porn
- Police Investigate Thieves Stealing Checks Across Fla.
- Fla. Teens Charged with Shooting BB Gun at Driver
- Fla. Man Dies In Skydiving Accident
- Fla. Man Sentenced In Plot To Smuggle Turtles
- Fla. Man Stalks, Kills Diamondback Rattlesnake
- Fla. Man Sentenced to Seven Years For Attacking Wife With Hatchet
- Fla. Man Lends Car To Stranger, Claims Carjacking
- Deputies: Man Found Hiding In Ceiling Of Fla. Pharmacy
- Fla. Woman Charged with Haitian Visa Fraud