Fla. Man Sentenced to Seven Years For Attacking Wife With Hatchet
NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (AP) - A Pasco County man has been sentenced to seven years in prison for attacking his wife with a hatchet.
A judged sentenced 43-year-old Daniel Stuckey on Friday. A jury convicted him in March of aggravated battery charge, acquitting him on the more severe charge of attempted murder.
Investigators say Stuckey attacked his wife with the hatchet in June 2008 during an argument at their home. Stuckey acknowledged that they were having an argument but testified that had been moving furniture with the hatchet earlier in the day and only dropped it on his wife by accident.
The jury didn't believe his story, and neither did the judge.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Fla. Man Sentenced In Plot To Smuggle Turtles
- Former UF Student Sentenced to Seven Years in Prison for Deadly Hit-and-Run
- Fla. Woman Says Steelers Player Attacked Her In A Nightclub
- Fla. Man Dies In Skydiving Accident
- Fla. Man Stalks, Kills Diamondback Rattlesnake
- Fla. Man Charged With Stealing Headstone Vases
- Fla. Man Charged With 305 Counts of Child Porn
- Fla. Man Lends Car To Stranger, Claims Carjacking
- Deputies: Man Found Hiding In Ceiling Of Fla. Pharmacy
- Teen: Leader Offered Money in Fla. Burn Attack