Fort White Man Accused of Burglarizing Two Schools
A Columbia County man is in jail Friday accused of burglarizing two area schools.
Columbia County Sheriff's Office deputies said Fort White resident, Christopher Alan Thomas, 18, is accused of breaking into Columbia High School and Westside Elementary school on two separate occasions last month and stealing a flat screen television, a computer and audio/visual equipment.
Deputies have since been able to recover the stolen computer from Westside Elementary School.
They say that Thomas was trading or selling the stolen property to obtain narcotics.
Thomas is facing two counts of burglary, grand theft and dealing in stolen property. He is being held at the Columbia County Detention Facility on a $10,000 bond.
Deputies say more arrests are possible as the investigation continues.
- Fort White Man Leads Deputies On A High Speed Chase
- Fort White High School Student Remembered
- Students Teaching Sustainability at Fort White High School
- Volunteers in Fort White spread the news
- Fort White's Drinking Ordinance
- Red Cross Relief in Fort White
- Fort White Sees Two Sign for College Sports
- High School Volleyball: Fort White at Chiefland
- Gainesville Man Confronts Burglar
- Deputies: Man Burglarizes Five Homes On His Own Street