Gainesville Man, 35, Accused Of Having Sex With Young Boy
A Gainesville man is behind bars Sunday evening for having sex with a young boy. Police busted him at 3:30 this morning in a gainesville park.
Police say Edgar Moultrie, 35, was sitting in a vehicle with the 16-year-old minor at Northeast Park. When police approached the vehicle, Moultrie ran through the woods trying to escape.
The boy told police he only knew Moultrie for a few days and they were having consensual sex.
"He was caught having consensual sex with a person clearly almost 20 years under his age and because of that age difference factor he was charged," Lt. Keith Kameg said.
Moultrie's bond was set at $115,000. He is charged with unlawful sexual activity with a minor and resisting an officer. He also violated the city's ordinance for being in a park after hours.
- Gainesville Man Accused Of Having Sex With 11-Year-Old Girl
- Gainesville Man Accused of Having Sex With 14-Year-Old
- Gainesville Man, 47, Accused Of Trying To Stab Brother
- Ocala Business Man Accused of Having Sex with Minors
- Sumter County Man Accused Of Having Sex With A Child
- Gainesville Man Accused of Keeping Victims in His Home as Sex Slaves
- Gainesville Man Accused Of Offering Teen,15, Cash For Sex
- 35-Year-Old Ocala Woman Accused of Having Sex with Minor
- Teacher Accused Of Having Sex With 15-Year-Old, Terminated From School
- Loften High School Dean Behind Bars after Accused of Having Sex with Student