Gainesville Students Bust A Move For Charity
One group of middle school students got to bust a move after raising money for charity.
More than 200 Westwood Middle students each raised at least $10 to attend the school's first Dance for a Cure. The money will go to the collaboration of scientists for critical research in biomedicine.
One student got money from a donor in Norway. And, another raised more than $400. All together the fundraiser exceeded expectations.
Organizers are hoping to make Dance for a Cure an annual event.
- Gainesville Charity Facing Freeze on Funding from City of Gainesville
- Gainesville Car Show Raises Money for Charity over the Weekend
- Bill Lowering Student Loan Rates Moves to President's Desk
- University of Florida Prepares for Student Move-In this Weekend
- Felon Gun Bust in Gainesville
- Major Counterfeit Bust in Gainesville
- Triple Drug Bust in Gainesville Porter's Community
- Part of Regional Fraud Ring Busted in Gainesville
- Gainesville Moves Forward With Red Light Cameras
- Gainesville Students Return While Staff Step Up In Wake of Newtown Tragedy