Gas Leak Temporarily Closes Portions Of Main Street
A natural gas leak shut down part of north Main Street in Gainesville Friday night.
The incident happened shortly after 9 p.m., when someone snapped off the natural gas meter from a Sonic restaurant that is out of business. It isn't yet known how that happened.
Police closed Main Street, between 16th and 23rd avenues, for 20 minutes while a crew from GRU repaired the leak.
GRU Spokesperson Dan Jesse says natural gas leaked no more than a half hour before repairs were made, and no customers lost service as a result.
- Paynes Prarie Temporarily Closes Trail
- Highway Gas Leak on U.S. 441
- Gas Leak Prompts UF Housing Complex Evacuation
- Neighborhood Gas Leak
- Neighbors evacuated when construction site causes gas leak
- Main Street Ribbon Cutting
- Miracle On Main Street
- 24th Annual Miracle On Main Street
- Main Street Construction Begins Tuesday
- RTS Announces Delays and Bus Stop Closures on Main Street and Depot Avenue