GPD: High-Ranking Cuts "Very Likely"
The "worst case scenario" for budget cuts at the Gainesville Police Department now involves some high-ranking officials.
Almost two months ago Chief Tony Jones told TV20 that a possible 15 percent budget cut for the 2010-2011 fiscal year could mean 70 fewer jobs with 33 of those being sworn officers. Now fewer officers, but more captains and lieutenants, could be on their way out.
For the full story, you can watch the video on the right.
- GPD: Recent Car Thefts Tied to "Felony Lane" Activity
- High Pollen Count in North Central Florida Likely Due to Tree "Masting"
- GPD: Stronger Spice Laws Needed
- GPD: Shooting at Spanish Trace Apartments
- GPD: Gunman in Apartment Shooting Arrested, Writes About Crime on Facebook
- GPD: Crime Rate Lower Compared to Same Time Last Year
- GPD: Homemade Bomb Found Inside Shoplifting Suspect's Home
- GPD: Surveillance Video Shows Man Involved in Sexual Assault
- GPD: Hit and Run Driver Flees To Avoid Traffic Ticket
- GPD: Oaks Mall Employee Exposes Himself, Commits Lewd Acts