Hollywood Actor Visits High Springs
James Cameron's hit movie Avatar first *hit* theaters back in December. But fans at a small Alachua county theater showed off more than the film. They showed off one of their own.
People lined up outside the Priest Theater in High Springs to buy a ticket to see Avatar. But they also came to see actor James Pitt...who played the shuttle pilot in the film.
Pitt grew up in Williston, and he comes back home to visit as often as he can. When he does, he says sometimes it's a little nerve racking.
Pitt says working with James Cameron was a huge honor, and he is preparing for his next role, which is a lead in an action adventure film.
Shooting begins later this year.
- Renown Chefs Visit Eastside High
- Pro Driver visits local high school
- Doc Hollywood Days in Micanopy
- Micanopy Celebrates Doc Hollywood Days
- High Springs Building Restoration On Hold
- High Springs Police Chief Remembered
- High Springs Officials Consider Allowing Sunday Alcohol Sales
- High Springs New Sewer System
- Four-wheeler accident hospitalizes High Springs man
- High Springs Leaders Consider Zoning for Adult Businesses