Marsh Supporters Challenge Election Results
They want another election... because they say the last one was fraudulent.
Supporters of Gainesville mayoral candidate Don Marsh say they found voters who shouldn't have voted.
Former commission candidate Mason Alley filed a lawsuit against the Elections Canvassing Commission, and the Supervisor of Elections, because Alley says he discovered people voted illegally in the March 23rd general election.
In the runoff, Craig Lowe defeated Marsh by 42 votes.
Alley says he found evidence that people who live out of the city... even out of the country... voted.
He says he's waiting to get the April 13th runoff election data, and if he finds no problems with that election, he could drop the lawsuit.
For now, he's asking for a second run-off election for mayor.
Alley says the lawsuit is not an indictment against Lowe's campaign... he just wants to make sure the election was fair.
- Lowe Narrowly Beats Out Marsh In Gainesville Mayoral Election
- 2014 Primary Elections, Alachua County Results
- 2011 Gainesville City Commision Election Results
- 2011 Spring Election Results
- Ocala City Elections Results
- City of Starke Election Results
- Marion Co. Primary Election Results are In, Low Voter Turnout Disappoints Candidates
- Primary Election Results
- Residents and Candidates Still Waiting on Election Results
- Gainesville City Election Results