Missing Census Forms
All Americans are supposed to fill out their census forms, but some people aren't getting them. While a few missed people doesn't seem like a big deal there is a chance Florida might miss out on an extra congressional spot if the response doesn't get better. If you do fall into the category that didn't receive the forms in the mail, you have no need to worry. You can either pick up the forms at designated public locations or a census worker will stop by starting May 1st. So far the rate of return here in North Central Florida has been good right around the national average of just above 70%. Ken Zeichner, Alachua County Principle Planner, said, "It's a pretty good rate actually for Alachua County given we have a lot of college students here which is a difficult population to count." Through July census workers will stop by homes that have not returned their census forms.
- U.S. Census Bureau Recruiting 2010 Census Takers
- President Obama Forms Task Force to Crack Down on College Sex Assaults
- City's Message To Students...Fill Out The Census!
- Brides Form Lines at Goodwill's Wedding Gala
- Gainesville Looking For An Accurate Count In Census
- Alachua County Officials Host Event To Raise Awareness About Census
- Census Officials Aim for "Hard to Count" Populations
- Fill Out Forms, Get A New Home For Free!
- Baby Paisley Fighting Rare Form of Leukemia
- Rare Shaped Cloud Forms at Mount Fuji