Missing Fla. Boater's Body Found In Leesburg Lake
LEESBURG, Fla. (AP) - The body of a missing 71-year-old boater has been found in Lake Harris in Leesburg.
Authorities say they are treating this as a boating accident. An autopsy will be performed Saturday.
The body of Roberto Monge of Tavares was found Friday. He was last seen in the morning fueling his 21-foot bass boat at a local marina. Hours later, another boater saw the boat empty floating near a canal on the lake.
Monge's wife told authorities her husband had gone fishing this morning.
Deputy sheriffs in a helicopter later spotted Monge's body. He was not a wearing a life jacket.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Body Of Second Missing Boater Found
- Fishermen Discover Dead Body In Leesburg Lake
- One body found while search continues for missing boater
- Body Found in Newnan's Lake
- Police Investigating Missing Girl's Body Found in Levy County
- Missing Marine's Body Found
- Missing Fla. Lawyer Turns Himself in to FBI
- Fla. Man Accused of Abuse After Young Son Found Dead
- Deputies: Man Found Hiding In Ceiling Of Fla. Pharmacy
- Missing Coconut Creek Man's Body Found 9 Years Later