Missing Fla. Boater's Body Found In Leesburg Lake
LEESBURG, Fla. (AP) - The body of a missing 71-year-old boater has been found in Lake Harris in Leesburg.
Authorities say they are treating this as a boating accident. An autopsy will be performed Saturday.
The body of Roberto Monge of Tavares was found Friday. He was last seen in the morning fueling his 21-foot bass boat at a local marina. Hours later, another boater saw the boat empty floating near a canal on the lake.
Monge's wife told authorities her husband had gone fishing this morning.
Deputy sheriffs in a helicopter later spotted Monge's body. He was not a wearing a life jacket.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Fishermen Discover Dead Body In Leesburg Lake
- Body Found in Newnan's Lake
- Police Investigating Missing Girl's Body Found in Levy County
- Missing Marine's Body Found
- Missing Ballon Pilot's Body Found
- Deputies: Man Found Hiding In Ceiling Of Fla. Pharmacy
- BODY FOUND IN LAKE CITY ***UPDATED***
- Body of Missing Woman Found in Marion County
- Body of One Missing Gilchrist County Man Found Near Bank of Suwannee River
- Fla. Senate Revises 'Parent Trigger' Proposal