Newberry High Students Learn About the Dangers of the Road
Students across the county are officially on spring break, but one high school made sure their students got a dose of safety before taking a vacation.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, car crashes are the leading cause of death for teens. Newberry High School invited Dr. Adam Blomberg to give a presentation about the dangers of driving.
Blomberg survived a car accident that left him with a traumatic brain injury...he wasn't wearing a seat belt. So he started the organization d.r.i.v.e, which stands for the driving responsibly in vehicles education.
"Anybody can stand up here and talk about the impact of driving and driving responsibly but i feel that i can have a different impact on people just by telling them my story," said Blomberg.
Alachua county students will return back to school from spring break Monday, April 12th.
- Elementary School Students Learn About Bike Safety
- Students Learn About Farm Animals At Youth Fair
- Students Learn About Elections
- Children Learn of Possible Dangers when Walking to School
- Williston Families Learn about Local Health Services at Health and Fun Fair
- Kids Learn About Things That Go Vrrrooom!
- An Egg-stravagant Way To Learn About Physics
- Skeletal remains found on Newberry Road
- Pill Mill Bust on Newberry Road
- Re-Zoning Near Newberry Road