Ocala Woman Accused of Stealing $53,000 In Checks
A 56-year-old Ocala woman is in jail accused of stealing $53,000 worth of checks.
Pamela Joan Griffin was arrested Friday afternoon for stealing checks, forging names and then cashing checks.
Investigators say Griffin began writing checks in May 2009 from the Investment Company of Florida LLC. Investigators say she began writng checks from a second company, Properties of Ocala Inc. in December 2009.
Griffin is facing charges of financial fraud, uttering forged instrument, financial forgery and petit theft.
Anyone who knows of any other checks that Griffin wrote should call Ocala Crimestoppers at (352)368-7867.
- Deputies: Man Accused Of Stealing Nearly $50,000 From His Workplace
- Columbia County Sheriff's Employee Accused Of Stealing $100,000
- Ocala Man Accused Of Embezzling $600,000 From Company
- 35-Year-Old Ocala Woman Accused of Having Sex with Minor
- Ocala Woman is Accused of Leaving Son in Hot Home
- Police Investigate Thieves Stealing Checks Across Fla.
- Employee Steals Over $1,000 from Local Business
- Woman Cashes Dead Relative's Checks
- Handy Man Accused of Stealing Rent Money
- Bank Teller Accused of Helping Steal Money From Bank Customer