Plane Carrying Miami Heat Players Makes Emergency Landing
CHICAGO (AP) - The charter jet carrying the Miami Heat home from a road trip made an emergency landing early Sunday in Chicago after a mechanic on board became ill.
Team spokesman Tim Donovan said the man, who was not identified, was OK and that team trainers tended to him in the air for what was believed to be a diabetic coma. When the plane landed in Chicago, he was taken to a hospital.
The flight eventually resumed, and the Heat landed in Miami at 5:04 a.m. Sunday
"Just landed back in the MIA feels good to be back home safe and sound," Heat guard Daequan Cook wrote on his Twitter feed.
Heat guard Dwyane Wade wrote on Twitter about the surprise landing.
"Hey everyone pray for our pilot," Wade wrote. "... He went into a Coma. God bless this man and his family."
Donovan said the man was in the cockpit when he became ill.
The team was returning to Miami after beating the Minnesota
Timberwolves 97-84 Saturday night.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Plane Makes Emergency Landing At Ocala Airport
- Plane Makes Emergency Landing in South Florida
- Sheriff Helicopter Makes Emergency Landing
- Diverted Plane Lands in Miami to Check Pressure
- Research Planes Monitoring the Land
- Breaking News: Unauthorized Plane Lands in Gainesville
- Horses make a Landing
- Fighter Jet Emergency Landing
- Teacher Arrested for Carrying Gun on Campus
- Deputies: Airport Screeners Find Handgun In Woman's Carry-On Bag