Saving Energy For Shands, Saving Money for the City
It's a partnership that makes the city of Gainesville money while helping Shands save it.
Last year Gainesville Regional Utilities debuted their south energy center, a place where GRU makes clean energy for exclusive use by Shands UF.
By selling the energy to Shands, the city generates more money for things like parks, roadways and public safety.
At the same time the agreement helps the hospital have a reliable energy source that's green and saves them greenbacks.
The south energy center has a back up system independent of the city's, which means if a natural disaster strikes and all of gainesville is without power, Shands will still have the capability to provide care to people in times of crisis.
- Looking to Energy-Saving Measures to Save Alachua County Schools Money
- 9-1-1 callers save time, while Marion County saves money
- New Traffic Patterns Use Less Energy, Save Drivers Commute Time
- Solar Panels Make Energy Savings Possible
- Nonprofits to Receive Stimulus Money for Home Energy Efficiency
- Sick Teen Raises Money for Children's Miracle Network
- Plan to Release Prisoners Early and Save Money
- Survey Shows Students Skip Meals to Save Money
- Sterilizing Flies in Low Oxygen Environments May Save Farmers Money in the Long Run
- Levy County Sheriff's Deputies Replace Inglis Police, Saves Town Money