Semi-Truck Strikes, Kills Pedestrian On I-75
A broken-down car led to a far greater tragedy on I-75 Friday afternoon.
It happened along the northbound lanes of the highway just before the Williston road exit.
State police tell us that a semi-tractor trailer, driven by Orestes Corrales, of Homestead, ran over a pedestrian, who had just got out of his car, which was disabled and parked on the shoulder.
Troopers say Brian Russo, 49, of Ocoee, walked into the travel lane and Corrales couldn't avoid hitting the victim.
The sad irony is the car broke down very near a rest area, where it could have been safely serviced.
The driver of the semi-truck suffered no injuries.
- FHP identifies man rolled over and killed by own semi-truck
- Semi-Truck Crashes
- Motorcyclist Dies After Being Hit By Semi-Truck
- Willing to kill for two semi-trucks?
- Man killed at rest area while working on semi truck
- Driver Strikes Pedestrian
- I-75 Pedestrian Hit
- Semi Truck Crash in Marion County Leaves Driver Seriously Injured
- Semi fire shuts down I-75 in both directions
- Semi-Tanker Accident Temporarily Shuts Down I-75 In Columbia County