Sheriff's Office Investigates Employee For Misappropriation Of Funds
The Columbia County Sheriff's Office is investigating one of their own employees for misappropriating funds.
The employee has been put on administrative leave.
“This situation is disappointing for all of our employees. As the steward of a very large budget, I am accountable to the taxpayers of Columbia County. The business practices that were put in place when I took office alerted our accounting department to the discrepancies. The trust of our community is of the utmost importance to me and a thorough, non-biased investigation will be conducted”, says Sheriff Mark Hunter. "Further, the procedures and safeguards that have been put in place will ensure that this situation will not be repeated."
Sgt. Edward Seifert said they hope to complete the investigation by late next week. He said additional information will be released to the public once the investigation is complete.
- Sheriff's Office investigates two suicides at the jail
- Suspect's comments initiate FBI investigation
- Deputies: string of burglaries span four counties
- Funding for Alachua County school resource deputies
- Alzhemier's Bracelet Programs Keep Track of Elderly
- Sheriff Darnell Responds to Mike Fellows Investigation
- Zac & Kathy Zedalis fired after domestic abuse investigations
- Newberry Audit Reveals $11,800 in Misused Funds
- Last Known Coordinates For Missing Plane Identified
- Lt. Jack Jacobs enters sheriff's race