Sheriff's Office Investigates Employee For Misappropriation Of Funds
The Columbia County Sheriff's Office is investigating one of their own employees for misappropriating funds.
The employee has been put on administrative leave.
“This situation is disappointing for all of our employees. As the steward of a very large budget, I am accountable to the taxpayers of Columbia County. The business practices that were put in place when I took office alerted our accounting department to the discrepancies. The trust of our community is of the utmost importance to me and a thorough, non-biased investigation will be conducted”, says Sheriff Mark Hunter. "Further, the procedures and safeguards that have been put in place will ensure that this situation will not be repeated."
Sgt. Edward Seifert said they hope to complete the investigation by late next week. He said additional information will be released to the public once the investigation is complete.
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies Create Workout for Fallen Officers
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Gilchrist Sheriff's Office Investigates Possible Santa Fe Drowning
- More Details Emerge In Levy County Sheriff's Office Investigation
- Levy County Sheriff's Office Launches New Investigation
- Another Levy County Sheriff's Office Investigation Concludes
- Sheriff's Office Recruits Outside Help For Investigation
- Former Sheriff's Employee Is Active KKK Member
- Columbia County Sheriff's Employee Accused Of Stealing $100,000
- Raises For Levy County Sheriff's Employees