Steve Babik Changes His Plea
After initially pleading not guilty in January to distributing images of child porn, former University of Florida broadcaster Steve Babik changed his story today in federal court.
Under a plea deal, Babik pled guilty to count one. Prosecutors dropped the second charge, possession of child porn. Babik waived his right to a trial and faces up to 20 years in prison. Once sentenced, he will not be allowed to be released early on parole. He is scheduled to be sentenced August 2nd.
- Broadcaster Steve Babik Charged With Possession of Child Porn
- Gainesville Mayor Craig Lowe Accepts Plea Deal and His DUI Case Will Not Go To Trial
- Ali Barbour Change Of Plea
- A Local Muslim Leader Has Faith that Pastor Jones Will Change His Mind...
- Senator Steve Oelrich Addresses School Budget Cuts
- UF Digital Arts Program Teaches Students To Be More Like Steve Jobs
- Levy County Official Wins Steve Martin Prize for Banjo
- Woman Accepts Plea Deal For Dog Attack
- More On Wilkerson's Plea
- Morrison Plea Deal