Stomp The Swamp, Raises Autism Awareness
Autism has become more and more common in our community and yet, awareness for the developmental disorder hasn't always kept up.
The Autism Society of America estimates that one of every 110 babies born will be autistic.
One of those children living with the disorder is Blake Chambers.
His mother says when she first found out her son was autistic she was overwhelmed and didn't know where to turn for medical help and emotional support.
The Chambers family now work's with UF's center for autism and related disabilities.
This weekend, in celebration of Autism Awareness Month, Stomp the Swamp will raise money for CARD.
For more information on how you can help visit: http://card.ufl.edu/
You can register the day of at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium on Saturday April 17th at 9am.
- Stomp the Swamp for Autism
- Gainesville Car Show Raises Money For Autism Research
- Alachua County Officials Host Event To Raise Awareness About Census
- Hundreds Gathered To Walk With NHRA Drivers, Raise Awareness For Spinal Cord Diseases
- People Gather To Raise Awareness, Money For American Cancer Society
- Local Beauty Paquent Winner Raises Awareness About Eating Disorders
- Event at MLK Center to Raise Awareness
- Summer Weather Raises Awareness on Parking Lot Safety
- Chihuahua Stomped To Death
- Mental Health Fair: Stomp Out Stigma