TV20 Interview with Mayoral Candidate Craig Lowe
The runoff election to determine the next mayor of Gainesville and district four city commissioner is only a week away. For the next four days TV20 brings you interviews with each of the four remaining candidates. Tuesday we started with current Gainesville city commissioner and mayoral candidate Craig Lowe.
Lowe squares off against Don marsh next week in the runoff election for mayor. He finished with 40% of the vote to Marsh's 29% back in march. Each candidate would come into office facing a more than $7 million budget deficit and talks of budget cuts to reduce that number. A situation Lowe said he's better-suited to handle given his two terms as city commissioner.
"We'll have to take a hard look at every item," said Lowe. "We'll have to weigh the impact of revenue on the taxpayer and also the impact of programs on the members of the public that are receiving those services."
Lowe told TV20 he's the only candidate offering a solution for Koppers Superfund site, calling for the Environmental Protection Agency to clean up the area to meet residential standards. An issue his opponent Don Marsh said commission members moved on with a "sloth-like pace." Wednesday you'll hear from Marsh on your news at six.
- TV20 Interview with Mayoral Candidate Don Marsh
- Gainesville Mayor Craig Lowe Delivers Sate of the City Address
- Mayor Craig Lowe Arrested
- Mayor Craig Lowe is Released from Jail on Bond
- Dash Cam Video Released from Mayor Craig Lowe's DUI Arrest
- Gainesville Mayor Craig Lowe Accepts Plea Deal and His DUI Case Will Not Go To Trial
- Mayor Craig Lowe Could Still Win The Election
- Mayor Craig Lowe's Receipt From the Night Of His DUI
- City Commissioner Craig Lowe to Run for Mayor
- Lowe Narrowly Beats Out Marsh In Gainesville Mayoral Election