Two Ocala Elderly Men Discover They Are Half-Brothers
OCALA, Fla. (AP) - Two elderly Florida men have recently discovered they are half brothers - unbeknownst to either until a secret over one man's true identity was revealed after more than 75 years.
Richard Nichols found out six months ago that his biological father was not the man who had raised him. His 96-year-old mother had kept that information a secret for more than seven decades.
Nichols' granddaughter helped him get on the genealogy Web site Ancestry.com, and eventually Nichols, who is 76, found an obituary for Lyle Baldwin. That led him to 73-year-old Richard Baldwin in Ocala.
A DNA test later confirmed they have the same father.
They met for the first time in March, hugging and greeting each other with the words, "Hey bro!"
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Two Men Charged with Abusing Elderly Mother
- Two Men in Ocala Give a Hoot
- Two Men Shot During Robbery at Ocala Barbershop
- Two Brothers Lost In One Big Family
- Man Beats Up Two Elderly People After they Refuse to Buy Hair Clippers
- Ocala Man Accused of Beating Elderly Father With Pipe, Sledgehammer
- Two Men and A Truck Helps Moms of Domestic Abuse and Homelessness
- Two Miami-Dade County Men Steal Bait Trailer
- Suwannee Man Arrested After Allegedly Killing Two Men
- Two Men Charged with Abusing, Neglecting Their Mother