Two Passengers Critically Injured In Vehicle Crash
Two passengers were critically injured after a single vehicle crash late Saturday night.
FHP said Chance Mongomery Hidalgo, 19, was driving a 1998 Dodge Caravan on State Road 20 in Alachua County when he lost control of the vehicle, causing the caravan to strike a tree head-on and then catch on fire.
FHP said the driver lost control of the car following an altercation with the front seat passenger.
Two passengers in the car, Leigh Hidalgo, 43, and Joseph Westover, 27, were transported to Shands UF with critical injuries.
Chance Hidalgo was cited with careless driving and having no driver's license. Other charges are possible.
Another passenger and Chance Hidalgo both received minor injuries.
- Two Adults, Four Kids Killed in Three Vehicle Crash
- Two-Vehicle Crash on Hwy 441; Authorities Still Searching for Driver
- 2 Dead, 6 Injured in 6-vehicle Panhandle Crash
- Motorcycle Crash Seriously Injures Two in Suwannee County
- Two Aboard Small Banner Plane Injured During Crash At UF
- Two Men Injured in Small Plane Crash
- Sheriff's Deputy One of Two Victims Injured in Series of Car Crashes
- Hit-and-Run Leaves Two Dead and One Critically Injured
- Truck hits, critically injures GPD officer
- FHP: Bicyclist Critically Injured in Late Night Hit and Run