Woman Killed By Train in Ocala
Ocala Police are investigating the death of a woman who was hit by a train Thursday night.
Just after 8 p.m., police say who has been identified as Lisa Marie Ellett, 43, was hit by a CSX train in the neighborhood of NE 17th Place and 14th Avenue. Police say Ellett was with a friend at the time she was hit.
Police say the friend was not injured and could not provide an explanation as to why Ellett stood on the tracks as the train approached.
Ellett, who was pronounced at the scene, has been described as homeless. Investigators say her family who lives in St. Petersburg has been notified. Police are still investigating.
- Ocala Woman Behind Bars For Killing Her Husband
- Starke Man Hit, Killed By Train
- Train Hits Woman in Starke
- Hundreds of Soldiers Training in Ocala
- Train Accident in Ocala Leaves One Man Dead
- Inside of Ocala's Aircraft Rescue & Fire Fighting Training
- Police: Man Kills Girlfriend's Cat, Threatens To Kill Woman
- Man Gets 25 Years for Killing Woman
- Woman Crashes Car Into Ocala Daycare
- Fire kills 75 year old woman and at least 44 dogs