City of Gainesville Wants to Repair Your Roof...For Free!
Storms over the weekend in North Central Florida were just a reminder severe weather season is here.
As high winds, heavy rains and violent storms become more common, so does roof damage, but help could be on the way for residents in Gainesville.
It sounds too good to be true, but fill out an application, and go through some simple training and the city could repair your roof for free!
It's part of the city of Gainesville's housing rehabilitation program and it helps improve the safety of homes and beautify the community.
The rehabilitation program is available by application only on a first come, first serve basis.
Once selected, qualified applicants have to agree to live in their home for ten years and undergo a class so they can help keep up the work that was done by the city.
The housing department says the program really benefits everyone because in addition to improve the quality of life for the homeowner, the repairs prevent property values from noise-diving.
To pick up an application call the housing division at 352-334-5026 or visit their offices in the Thomas Center off of NE 6th Avenue.
- Fill Out Forms, Get A New Home For Free!
- Free Bike Repair Station Supports Gainesville Bikers
- Frustrated Residents Seek Roof Repairs
- Gainesville City Commissioner Wants To See Changes In East Gainesville Redevelopment
- City of Gainesville wants to Annex a Part of Alachua County
- Free Home Repairs, Better Quality Of Life
- Storm Causes Tree To Crash Roof of Northwest Gainesville Complex
- Gainesville Neighborhood Offers To Pay Higher Taxes To Repair Roads
- Gainesville Man Lands Behind Bars After Breaking into a Car at an Auto Repair Shop
- Your Health: Gluten-Free Recipes