Crime Spree Has Gaineville Businesses Concerned
A rash of business break-ins and thefts now has the attention of police in Gainesville.
They have issued warning, keep your guard up!
Law enforcement believe that the types of businesses are chosen at random, except the burglars chose places they can get in and out of quickly.
In the last ten days, nearly ten different businesses have been targeted.
Thieves take anything they can grab quickly, from copper, to televisions and office supplies.
At this point GPD is not sure if the crimes are connected, but say most seem to be happening North of 16th Avenue on the East and West sides of town.
While there's no one type of business the criminals seem to be after, there are things that all businesses can do to avoid becoming a victim.
Always be sure to lock your doors, consider leaving a light on or using motion activated lights, and turn on alarms, if you use them.
- Two-Man Crime Spree Has Ended, Police Hope
- Proposed City Ordinance Has Business Owners Concerned
- One Man Multi-State Crime Spree Ends in Florida
- Crime Spree in Dixie County
- 2 Teens Arrested After Crime Spree in Alachua County
- Gainesville Police Say One Nightclub Has Too Much Crime
- Arrests in Dixie County Crime Spree
- Gunman in Lake Butler Shooting Spree Left Behind a Note
- Police Train For Shooting-Sprees
- Burglary Spree Arrest