Dead Horse and Mutilated Birds Found Near Train Tracks
Levy County Deputies say it is one of the strangest incidents they've ever investigated.
A dead horse, three chickens and a pigeon were found near a railroad track in Morriston early Friday morning. All of the birds were missing their heads.
"It's extremely odd and then you take the three chickens and pigeon with their heads cut off or snapped off," said Major Evan Sullivan, "not sure the meaning of that."
Several paper Publix bags were found near the animals. Deputies say they believe the bags were used to carry the birds to the train tracks because feathers and what appeared to be blood was found inside. Despite the unusual nature of the case, Major Sullivan says he does not believe it has anything to do with any kind of satanic ritual.
"You know anything is possible. We haven't ruled it totally out, but we do not think it's satanic in nature at all."
Major Sullivan said no witnesses have come forward in the investigation which makes it particularly difficult to investigate. He said while the horse's cause of death is still unknown, it does not appear as though it was shot.
- Dead Body Found Near Ocala Church
- Man Lying on Train Tracks Hit by Train in Marion County
- SUV Hits Train Near Morriston; Nine People Injured
- Train Derails Near Hawthorne
- CSX Train Derails Near Alachua
- 2 Dead in Fiery Crash Near Jacksonville
- Train Accident in Ocala Leaves One Man Dead
- Two Stolen School Buses from Alachua County Found Near Jacksonville
- Body Found Near Gainesville Airport
- Body of One Missing Gilchrist County Man Found Near Bank of Suwannee River