Deputies: Airport Screeners Find Handgun In Woman's Carry-On Bag
CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) - A southwest Florida woman has been arrested after authorities say security screeners found a handgun in her carry-on bag at St. Petersburg Clearwater International Airport.
The Pinellas County Sheriff's Office says Kristy Louise Grove, of Fort Myers Beach, was ready to board her flight to Chattanooga, Tenn., Saturday morning when the weapon was found.
Investigators say Grove told deputies she had forgotten the gun was in her bag.
Grove was charged with carrying a concealed firearm.
It was not immediately clear if Grove had obtained an attorney. No working phone number for Grove could be located.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Man Charged With Having Gun In Carry-On Bag
- Deputies ID Woman's Body Found In Ocala National Forest
- Local Woman in Jail After Deputies Find 'Elaborate' Mushroom-Growing Operation
- Woman's Roof has Leaked for Three Years - Now She's Getting a New One
- Gainesville Woman's Death Ruled Homicide
- Woman's Decomposing Body Found
- Dog Saves Woman's Life
- Suspect Pulls Out Pregnant Woman's Hair Weave
- Investigators Searching For Gainesville Woman's Murderer
- Slain Woman's Family Pleads for Justice