Deputies Catch Carjacking Suspect After Multi-County Pursuit
A carjacking suspect led Gainesville Police and Alachua and Union County Sheriff's Office deputies on a high speed pursuit Sunday evening.
Shortly before 5:30 p.m., Gainesville Police said John Russell Eddy, 38, took off in a stolen maroon Infiniti following an aggravated battery incident.
Deputies say Eddy, who is a registered sex offender, crashed the stolen vehicle on S.R. 121 in Union County, approximately six miles from the Alachua-Union county line.
Eddy then fled on foot into the woods. The Union County canine unit caught up with him and arrested him at approximately 6:15 p.m.
Check back later for more details.
- Man, 77, Leads Deputies On Multi-County High Speed Chase
- Deputies Catch Suspect After High Speed Pursuit
- Multi-County Burglary Suspects Arrested
- Marion County sheriff's deputies looking for suspect after patrol cars burglarized, guns stolen
- Deputies catch sexual predator wanted in connection with abduction, murder
- Family of six homeless after house catches fire
- Man 94, has Deadly Heart Attack After Carjacking
- One Man Multi-State Crime Spree Ends in Florida
- Deputies Arrest 14 Suspects During Meth Bust
- Columbia Co. Deputies Searching for Shooting Suspect