Deputies Catch Carjacking Suspect After Multi-County Pursuit
A carjacking suspect led Gainesville Police and Alachua and Union County Sheriff's Office deputies on a high speed pursuit Sunday evening.
Shortly before 5:30 p.m., Gainesville Police said John Russell Eddy, 38, took off in a stolen maroon Infiniti following an aggravated battery incident.
Deputies say Eddy, who is a registered sex offender, crashed the stolen vehicle on S.R. 121 in Union County, approximately six miles from the Alachua-Union county line.
Eddy then fled on foot into the woods. The Union County canine unit caught up with him and arrested him at approximately 6:15 p.m.
Check back later for more details.
- Man, 77, Leads Deputies On Multi-County High Speed Chase
- Multi-County Burglary Suspects Arrested
- Deputies Catch Suspect After High Speed Pursuit
- Authorities May Be One Step Closer To Catching Their Suspect
- Partners in Crime-Prevention Help Catch Suspect
- Robbery Suspect Killed During Shootout with Deputies
- Deputies: Armed Suspect Robs Gainesville Walgreens
- Deputies: Suspect Buys Cigarettes, Returns Later To Rob Gas Station
- Deputies: Suspect Who Robbed Gainesville Walgreens Found Dead In His Backyard
- Deputies Search For Armed Suspect In Home Invasion Robbery