Deputies: Man Tries To Mask Drugs With Lotion, Air Freshener
A Madeira Beach man is in jail Friday after Levy County Sheriff's Office deputies found eight pounds of marijuana in his car during a routine traffic stop.
Police said Randy David Applegate, 33, tried to mask the smell of the drugs with lotion and air fresheners.
Deputies said the marijuana has a street value of $ 10,000.
During the traffic stop, Applegate told police he was driving from Texas to Madeira Beach in a rental car.
Applegate was booked into the Levy County Jail.
- Deputies: Three Stage Car Crash, Try To Claim Insurance Money
- Deputies: Man Shoots at Wife in Alcohol-Fueled Dispute
- Deputies: Gainesville Man Stalks, Sends Threatening Messages To Two Women
- Deputies: Man Accused Of Stealing Nearly $50,000 From His Workplace
- Deputies: Man Accused Of Cyberstalking, Making Death Threats Towards Victim
- Deputies: Man Arrested After Stealing Oxycontin Pills At Gainesville Pharmacy
- Deputies: Man Burglarizes Five Homes On His Own Street
- Deputies: Man Found Hiding In Ceiling Of Fla. Pharmacy
- Man being tried for allegedly killing drug dealer
- Deputies: Man Buried Girlfriend Under Porch