Emergency Managers Urge Residents To Prepare For Hurricane Season Early
Next week is the beginning of hurricane season and although there are no storms in the forecast, emergency managers are saying it is time to get ready.
This is the National Hurricane Preparedness Week, and it is a reminder to double check your hurricane plan which includes evacuation routes and your disaster supply kit. Even if you had a disaster kit from last year, officials remind people to thoroughly check everything to make sure things haven't expired and they still work.
Local stores haven't seen an increase of hurricane related sales but people are encouraged to purchase items in advance to beat any rushes if a storm does develop.
For more information, go to the National Hurricane Preparedness Week website.
- County officials urging residents to prepare for Tropical Storm Colin
- AARP Helping Seniors Prepare for Hurricane Season
- Preparing for Hurricane Season
- Cedar Key Prepares for Hurricane Season
- Preparing for 2010 Hurricane Season
- North Central Florida prepares for hurricane season
- GRU Prepares for Hurricane Season
- Michelle Obama Urges People to Vote Early
- Emergency Operation Center Hurricane Preparedness Meeting
- Alachua County Activates 311 Emergency Management Line