Five Injured After SUV Overturns On I-75 In Alachua County
There have been three traffic crashes on Interstate 75 reported within the last two days, and officials say they expect more through out the weekend.
On Sunday afternoon, a car accident on I-75 left several people injured. The left tire on the vehicle blew out, causing the SUV to overturn on its side and land in the median.
Emergency crews worked fast to get those injured to the hospital. Five people, all from Tampa, were taken to the hospital. Two are in serious condition.
There were two more accidents on I-75 at mile markers 394 and 397, which left traffic at a standstill around 6 p.m. Saturday.
The grey SUV hit the guardrail and flipped several times near mile marker 397. A semi-truck may have hit the SUV after the driver lost control. There were three people in the vehicle taken to the emergency room.
And, troopers said there was another accident Thursday evening on State Road 93. That's four accidents within the last three days, and officials say during the memorial weekend people need to be more cautious.
- I-75 Shut Down in Both Directions After Tractor Trailer Overturns
- Child, 2, Seriously Injured After Crawling Under SUV
- Overturned truck causes major delays on I-75
- SUV Hits Train Near Morriston; Nine People Injured
- Driver Hospitalized After Truck Overturns
- Free lunch program expands to five schools in Alachua County
- Several Children Injured In I-75 Crash Involving FHP Trooper
- Gainesville Bicyclist Dies After Colliding with SUV
- Woman, 39, Dies After Crashing SUV Into Tree
- FHP Trooper Struck, Injured on I-75