Fla. Teen Cited For DUI For Driving Golf Cart Drunk
NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (AP)- A teen was charged with driving under the influence in Pasco County after being pulled over on U.S. 19 in a golf cart.
New Port Richey police reportedly pulled over 18-year-old Steven Lee Proctor early Thursday morning. An officer reported the teen had a dazed expression, slurred speech, watery bloodshot eyes and reeked of alcohol.
Proctor's blood alcohol level was recorded at 0.137 and 0.134 percent. State law considers a person too intoxicated to drive at 0.08 percent.
Proctor was arrested and charged with DUI. He was later released on his own recognizance.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Fla. Rewards Workers with 'Beer Cart Fridays'
- Fla. Teens Charged with Shooting BB Gun at Driver
- Gay Fla. Teen Back in Jail After Plea Deal Pulled
- Golf Cart Controversy
- Fla. Man Accused Of Forcing Wis. Teen To Be Prostitute
- Teen: Leader Offered Money in Fla. Burn Attack
- Burned Fla. Teen Thought He Would Die From Attack
- Expert: Fla. Teen Attacker Mentally Ill, Not Responsible
- Testimony Concludes in Fla. Teen Beating Trial
- Mother Who Lost Child to Drunk Driving Speaks Out