Friends and Family Say Good-bye to Jack Hairston
Friends and family, as well as former coaches and athletes, said goodbye to a well-known sports writer at his funeral Wednesday night.
They remember Jack Hairston as a fair and accurate sports reporter... something in which he took great pride.
Hairston spent 50 years writing about the Florida Gators for a number of publications-- 20 years as a sports editor for the Gainesville Sun.
He also wrote for the Jacksonville Journal, the Atlanta Constitution, and the Jackson Daily News.
Next month will be inducted to Florida Sports Hall of Fame.
- Good-Bye Celebration for Superintendent Dan Boyd
- Family & Friends Say Goodbye to Alonzo Guyton
- Family, Orange Park Community Says Goodbye to Somer Thompson
- Family Says Tearful Goodbye to Pet Monkey
- Captain Gainey Says Goodbye to ACSO
- Ginnie Springs Says Goodbye to Skiles
- Saying Goodbye to the Jordan Children
- Saying Goodbye To A Hero
- North Florida Regional Says Goodbye to Beloved CMO
- Family Friend Turned Fiend of Family