Gainesville Honored As One Of The Nation's Best In Biking
Being bike friendly is another reason that makes Gainesville a great place to live, and today the city was recognized for it by a national magazine.
May is National Bike Month, and this week marks Bike to Work Week.
To celebrate the designation, Bicycling Magazine has named the city of Gainesville the 16th best bike city in the nation.
Minneapolis topped the list at number one and the only other city in Florida to be included on the list was Miami at 44.
Trading in your car for a two wheeler has several benefits, including reducing our impact on the environment and helping people stay fit.
There are several events going on locally to celebrate bike to work week, Tonight at 7pm the city is hosting a bicycle and pedestrian law enforcement community workshop at GRU's administration building downtown and Friday everyone is encouraged to push the pedals for Bike to Work Day.
For more information visit www.cityofgainesville.org.
- Gainesville One of Nation's Most Well-Read Cities
- Shands Among Nation's Best
- Gainesville Celebrates Bike Month With New Bike Lockers
- Gainesville's First Bike Boulevard
- Gainesville's First Bike Boulevard Officially Open
- State Officials Head to Nation's Capitol with Obamacare Concerns
- Nation's "School Grade"
- Ghost Bike Honors Rebecca Harris
- Paws on Parole helps one man find a new best friend
- Bike Licenses May be on the Way to Gainesville