Gainesville Man, 21, Drowns In Pool
Gainesville police say Wayne Lawrence, 21, drowned in a pool at the Bellamy Forge condo complex Saturday afternoon.
"There was another mutual friend who lived at the apartments, or condominiums, and they were just swimming and having a good time when it turned into tragedy," Detective Benny Smith said.
Officers said friends pulled Lawrence out of the water, and tried to perform CPR on him, but it was too late.
Lawrence died a short time later at North Florida Regional Medical Center.
The deepest part of the pool is eight-feet, six-inches.
Police are investigating Lawrence's death, but do not suspect foul play at this time.
Officers have notified the victim's family, who live in Gainesville and Jacksonville.
- Gainesville Man, 35, Accused Of Having Sex With Young Boy
- Gainesville Man, 47, Accused Of Trying To Stab Brother
- Police: Gainesville Man, 25, Tries To Outrun Cops
- Carnival: Boy drowns in pool on cruise
- No Governmental Oversight at Abandoned Pool Where Toddler Drowned
- 6 Year Old Boy Almost Drowned at City Pool
- Gainesville Man Dies While Saving Drowning Kids
- Man Charged With Murder After Another Man, Dog Found Stabbed to Death
- Georgia Man, 26, Dies In I-75 Crash In Alachua County
- Weirsdale Man, 26, Dies In Car Crash