Local Beauty Paquent Winner Raises Awareness About Eating Disorders
A local Miss Florida hopeful is making it her mission to help local children and teach them the dangers of eating disorders.
Kelly Redoutey, who is the current Miss Ocala-Marion county, hosted The Children's Miracle Network event fundraiser at Gator's Dockside in Ocala Saturday.
Redoutey was also raising awareness for another charity called, Helping Other People Eat or Hope.
She says she understands firsthand the dangers of eating disorders.
"It was something that I went through, so growing up its something that never leaves you, its a scar," Redoutey said. "So, its just important everyday you look in the mirror and just remind yourself that you're comfortable with who you are."
Ticket sales for Saturday's event raised more than $1,000.
- Alachua County Officials Host Event To Raise Awareness About Census
- Eating Disorders Among Students
- Hundreds Gathered To Walk With NHRA Drivers, Raise Awareness For Spinal Cord Diseases
- People Gather To Raise Awareness, Money For American Cancer Society
- Stomp The Swamp, Raises Autism Awareness
- Event at MLK Center to Raise Awareness
- Winner Downs 68 Dogs in Hot Dog Eating Contest
- Medical Spotlight 8/29/11 "Treating Eating Disorders"
- Beauty and the Geek in Gainesville
- Beauty Haven's Farm Fundraiser