Making Beds To Make Gainesville's Tourism Industry Money
It takes weeks to prepare for, and in a matter of minutes it's over and done with!
Gainesville's 18th Annual Bed Making Contest helps kick off national travel and tourism week here in North Central Florida.
Visit Gainesville partnered with eleven hotels from across the county to pit the best bed makers against one another at the Paramount Plaza Hotel this morning.
Twenty two contestants were judged on their overall neatness, corners and speed, but at the end of the day only one person could take home the title.
Visit Gainesville Director Roland Loog says the event get's everyone's competitive spirits going and also fosters a sense of pride that employees take back to their hotels.
The bed making contest was just one of several events featured as part of National Travel and Tourism Week.
For more information log on to: www.visitgainesville.com
- 20th Annual Bed Making Competition
- Tourism Down in Gainesville
- Gainesville Duck Derby Raises Money For Children's Support Agencies
- Gainesville Woman Arrested for Drugs, Says She Needed Money for Son's Birthday
- New Year's Eve Brings Music, Money to Gainesville
- Florida's Agriculture Natural Resource and Food Industries on the Rise
- Students Join Celebration of Florida's Biotechnology Industry
- A Drug Known as"Molly" is Makes it's Way to Gainesville
- Gainesville Resident Makes Trek to DC for President's Inauguration
- World's Largest Synchronized Meet Makes A Splash in Gainesville